.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Reading

by Christie Kelley

One of my favorite things about summer is sitting outside (when it's not 90+ degrees) and reading. The fresh air, sunshine, a breeze and a book...nothing like it!

A couple of friends recently told me their choice in books changes quite a bit in the summer. One friend loves romantic suspense, except in the summer when she switches to cozy mysteries. Another friend said she reads mostly historical romance, except in the summer when she loves to read contemporary romance.

I never noticed this trend in my own reading. In fact, as I sat down to write this blog, I realized that my choices are all over the romance genre map.

I just finished a wonderful Harlequin Nocturne, Poisoned Kisses, written by a friend of mine, Stephanie Draven. I read it one Sunday when it was too hot to even think about going outside.

Next up for me, is Do You Take This Cop by our own Beth Andrews. I can't wait to start this book. I've loved all of Beth's books so far.

After that, I'll be reading an ARC of Season of Temptation by Theresa Romain. She'll be joining us in October to chat about her debut book.

So what's everyone reading or what's next in your TBR pile? Do you find yourself choosing books that are lighter in the summer?

I'm in a giving mood today so I'll give away a signed copy of my June release, One Night Scandal so one commenter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment