.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Going Back For Seconds

.
Living in your own private idaho.

I've been doing that. I used to dance all night to that song by the B52's and yet now, as I've grown older, some 30 odd years, this song has become my life. I'm living in my own Private Idaho. I'm alone in a room, waiting on the end of the world which seems to be right around the corner. Don't believe me? Look at Egypt. Marvel, because that will be this country as soon as the people get fed up with the silliness of our politicians.

And politicians are silly. They're really under the impression that people are the same as they used to be in the 20's and 30's. People grow tired faster now. Their tolerances are greatly reduced and their corporate employers have drummed into their heads that ineffectual leadership is rooted out at its source. It's only a matter of time before this jaundiced eye turns to the government and the people rise up to change what the politicians can't.

And all the while, I will be living in my own Private Idaho. Not really caring, not really joining in. I think I'll be drinking again. What a great time to start, no? Shit, if healthcare goes, so goes my meds. That means I'll be on borrowed time. I could do something drastic then, like jump a police precinct barehanded or start tackling bow-legged people on the sidewalks. However, I can also buy quart after quart of hooch, and a lawn chair and go wherever the action is. I mean it. A fistful of bus tickets, a liquor store and my trusty lawn chair is all that I'll need.

The riot on the capitol... I'm there. The destruction of the automobile plants in Detroit... I'm there. The march against Albany, New York...pulling up my fucking chair. And it won't stop there. When the populace gets a head of steam going they'll go nuts. Blowing up of the US Treasury...front row seat. Revocation of banking institutions...I'm on the 50 yard line. The burning of Wall Street...a quart of Jack Daniels by my side.

I'll be the greatest spectator of the end ever known to man. When the bricks and sticks start flying, I'm putting up a parasol and sitting back with a rock glass in hand. Will I get hit by something dangerous, struck by a car, trampled by rioters. Who cares! I'll be where I want to be. While the rest of the world is fearing the reaper, I'll be chewing on tobacco, and wearing sunglasses. Screw the world as we know it. It's destabilizing anyway.

All forms of govern- ment are failing and they are screaming for help, and can we help them? Naaahh, we can't even help ourselves. We are living proof that greed does not work. Democracy would have been a wonderful institution, if we just had the balls to stick with it and stop selling off our pride for the biggest buck. Now look at what we've got. An elite class and the impoverished class. The middle class has been squeezed out. This heavy polarization was warned about in the Constitution. READ IT. You'll see. And what did we do? Promulgate, promulgate, promulgate until it got lost in the laws like overgrown weeds in a beautiful garden.

I may be living in my own Private Idaho, but I'm happy at least. I get up in the mornings now, glad that I have Zoloft, which makes every day brighter and brighter. The mind is governed by chemicals, and when you stir them right, you get clear thinking. Talking is good, drugs are better. Am I an advocate? Well, look. I'm either crazy, or insane. I'll take any or all of the above. But you are thinking that I'm joking about the uprising of this country. My question to you is: Am I all that Crazy? I'll tell you one thing. I'm putting my MP3 player on, the B52's are playing and I'm dancing.

Hobobob

No comments:

Post a Comment